News & Press Releases
For immediate release:
September 22, 2021
MassDOT Advisory: Acton and Concord
Temporary Daytime Lane Closures on Route 2 Eastbound and Westbound between the Concord Rotary and Wetherbee Street
Closures will occur at various times on Saturday, October 2, and are needed to facilitate bridge deck placement operations
ACTON/CONCORD – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing it will implementing daytime single lane closures on Route 2 eastbound and westbound between the Concord Rotary and Wetherbee Street in Acton. The closures will take place at various times on Saturday, October 2, and are needed to facilitate the placement of the concrete bridge deck for the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail overpass over Route 2. The eastbound lane closures on Route 2 will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The westbound lane closure will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The bridge deck operations are being conducted as part of the $10 million project to construct Phase 2B of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail. The proposed rail trail will run in a north-south direction and cross over Route 2 just after crossing the Acton and Concord town line and cross the Nashoba Brook just south of Route 2. A proposed culvert crossing under Route 2 is provided for wildlife passage.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and messaging will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.
A printable pdf version of this document can be found here.
- Mass DOT Public Hearing Webinar - A pre-recorded webinar on the BFRT Sudbury will be posted on at this link on July 16, 2020
- Go Out Doors - A Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Public Art Project July 1 - November 30, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony- MassDOT Final Notice Press Release
- Ribbon Cutting Parking Locations
- Friends Ribbon Cutting Postcard
- BFRT bike path work schedule 5.1.17 to 5.12.17
- BFRT Phase 2C Construction Begins May 1, 2017
- MassDOT Public Hearing on BFRT Phase 2B November 17 2016 at Harvey Wheeler Community Center
- MassDOT Public Info Mtg Press Release November 2016