Zoning Board of Appeals
- 7:00 p.m.
- All meeting will be held remotely through Zoom until further notice. Please see agenda for Zoom meeting information.
Agendas, Minutes & Meeting Recordings Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- ex: A meeting held in March will have an application due date on the first business day in February.
- Files can be emailed if attachments are less than 10MB in total, or you can submit a flash drive containing the documentation.
- At least 2 weeks prior to the submission deadline, your application and supporting documentation must be dropped off with the Building Commissioner for review.
Email the abutters list request form to email@example.com.
- Assessing will send the abutters list directly to the Planning Office and notify the applicant of the fee. A separate check should be dropped off or mailed to Assessing at 24 Court Lane.
- 3 copies of the application and supporting documentation
- 3 11 x 17 reduced copies of architectural and site plans
- 1 full size set of architectural and site plans
- 1 copy of the Community Newspaper Legal Ad Form
- Application fee - checks should be made out to the Town of Concord
- Digital copy of application and all supporting documentation. Files can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if attachments are less than 10MB in total, or you can submit a flash drive.
Application packages that have been date stamped by the Town Clerk may be dropped off in person during regular office hours or left in the outside drop box after hours at 141 Keyes Road.
Click here for a list of application forms and checklists.
Please use the above referenced procedures while we are working to update outdated forms, checklists, and procedures documents.
|Jan 13, 2022||Dec 1, 2021||Virtual Meeting - Please see agenda for Zoom info.|
|Feb 10, 2022||Jan 3, 2022||CANCELLED|
|Mar 24, 2022||Feb 1, 2022||Virtual Meeting - Please see agenda for Zoom info. Please note this meeting falls on the 4th Thursday of the month)|
|Apr 14, 2022||Mar 1, 2022||TBD|
|May 12, 2022||Apr 4, 2022||TBD|
|Jun 9, 2022||May 2, 2022||TBD|
|Jul 14, 2022||Jun 1, 2022||TBD|
|Aug 11, 2022||Jul 5, 2022||TBD|
|Sep 8, 2022||Aug 1, 2022||TBD|
|Oct 13, 2022||Sep 1, 2022||TBD|
|Nov 10, 2022||Oct 3, 2022||TBD|
|Dec 8, 2022||Nov 1, 2022||TBD|
|James Smith||Chair||April 30, 2023|
|Elizabeth Akehurst-Moore||Vice Chair||April 30, 2024|
|Theo Kindermans||Clerk||May 31, 2022|
|Ravi Faiia||Associate||May 31, 2022|
|Thomas Swaim||Associate||April 30, 2024|
Board of Appeals Charge
The Board of Appeals consists of 3 members and 3 associate members, appointed for 3-year, staggered terms by the Select Board. Associate members serve on the Board when regular members are absent or cannot serve. The Board is established pursuant to the provisions of Mass General Law Ch. 40, Sec. 30, MGL Ch. 40A, Sec. 14 and MGL Ch. 41, Sec. 81Z and is designated as the Zoning Board of Appeals required by MGL Ch. 40A, Sec. 12. The Board acts on Variances and Special Permits as prescribed by the Zoning Bylaw and MGL Ch. 40A, Ch. 40B, and Section 81Y through 81BB of Ch. 41. The Board hears and decides appeals by any person aggrieved by an inability to obtain a permit or enforcement action from the Building Inspector.