Sustainable Concord is a roadmap to meet the commitments the Concord community made at 2017 and 2018 Annual Town Meetings to reduce GHG emissions 80% by 2050 and to prioritize climate resilience goals and initiatives.
Completed in the summer of 2020, Sustainable Concord, continues work that has already been done and outlines 22 priority actions that can be taken over the next five years to ensure Concord is on a path to a sustainable future.
Learn more and explore the plan's priority actions on the Sustainable Concord Dashboard.
In July 2019, Concord received $100,095 in grant funds from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Program to develop a Climate Action and Resilience Plan. This plan is the next step in charting a course toward achieving Concord's climate goals, building upon the vulnerability assessment completed during the MVP planning grant process, the community-wide GHG inventory, existing town plans and initiatives, and many other resources and research to outline key priority actions for climate action. The Town contracted with Kim Lundgren Associates (KLA) to help develop the plan. The final climate action and resilience plan was completed in June 2020.
While this stage of climate action and resilience planning is complete, climate change is a complex problem with many solutions. We continue to welcome ideas for climate action. Submit yours through the online form at any time.
Planning Documents and Drafts
- 2nd DRAFT_Sustainable Concord Climate Action and Resilience Plan_June102020
- 1ST DRAFT_ConcordClimatePlan_Part1_5 7 2020
- 1ST DRAFT_ConcordClimatePlan_Part2_5 7 2020
- EXAMPLE Blueprint ZNE Buildings_3 3 2020
- Sustainable Concord Fact Sheets_V3_3 3 2020
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Update_2 27 2020
- Sustainable Concord_DRAFT Fact Sheets_Combined CAAB feedback_Reviewed Jan 15 2020
- Sustainable Concord_Community Engagement Update - Dec 2019
- Sustainable Concord_Presentation to Housing Roundtable Dec 5 2019
- Sustainable Concord_Open House Poster Results_Dec 11 2019
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan_KLA CAAB Meeting 11 20 19
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Kickoff_KLA CAAB 9 18 19
- Sustainable Concord_Project Timeline
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan Scope of Work