Permits and Plan Reviews
The Town of Concord is now using an online system for permitting. This system is automated and paperless, and is currently available for the following Fire Department permit application types:
- Aboveground Storage Tank Installation
- Aboveground Storage Tank Removal
- BDA Installation
- Cannon or Mortar Firing
- CO Technical Options
- Dumpster (> 6 cu. yds.) -- construction/temporary
- Energy Storage Systems
- Fire Protection System Impairment
- Fire Protection System Installation/Alteration/Repair
- Flammable/Combustible Storage
- Fuel Oil Supply Line Upgrade
- Hazardous Materials Storage/Processing
- Magazine and Powder
- Miscellaneous Permit Application
- Motion Picture/TV Production/Special Effects
- Oil Burning Equipment Installation/Alteration
- Plan Review -- Commercial Fire Protection
- Smoke & CO Alarm Inspection at Sale/Transfer -- 1 & 2 Family Dwellings
- Temporary Heating Equipment for Special Event or Project
- Underground Storage Tank Installation
- Underground Storage Tank Removal
- Vent-Free Gas Appliance Installation
- Welding, Cutting, or Other Hot Work
The first step is for you to create an account in order to use the system, which takes less than 5 minutes to do.
If you already have an account, you can submit new applications or check your permit status here:
Once you have created an account, log out then log back in and click on the upper left tab “Apply for New Permit” and complete the information.
When your application is submitted, you can click on the "eye" to work with your permit application. Permit applications are addressed quickly, but please allow at least 48 hours for your application to be reviewed.
CFD Fire Prevention staff will use the “chat” feature for any questions or to let you know if additional information or documents need to be uploaded. You can chat back by clicking on the bubble icon.
You may pay the Permit Fee with an online check (your check routing number and account number), or Master Card/Visa/Discover Card.
After the permit is issued, you can log into your account and print your permit. You do not have to come to the fire station to pick up your permit.
Please call the Fire Prevention Office at 978-318-3489 or 978-318-3451 with any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding as the Town makes this transition to electronic permitting.