- Capital Planning Task Force Final Report - June 2021
- Capital Planning Task Force Final Recommendations - June 2021 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
FY24-33 Capital Improvement Plan, Tier III
On an annual basis, the Town of Concord prepares a 10-year Capital Improvement Plan. The plan is meant to be inclusive of all anticipated capital projects, vehicles and equipment, divided into the following categories:
• Tier I (Small): expenditures of up to $100,000
• Tier II (Medium): expenditures of more than $100,000 but less than $5,000,000
• Tier III (Large): expenditures of more than $5,000,000, whether proposed as a single or phased project.
Tier I and Tier II capital is funded either through cash outlay or the issuance of debt within the Proposition 2 ½ Levy Limit. Tier III projects are anticipated to be funded through the issuance of debt outside of the Proposition 2 ½ Levy Limit. As such, these projects are subject to a voter-approved debt exclusion (ballot election) which results in an additional tax impact throughout the life of the associated bond issue.
Public Forum Schedule
Following the recommendations by the Capital Planning Task Force, the Select Board will be implementing recurring capital planning forums into the Town's annual schedule. The following public forum schedule has been established for review of the draft FY24-33 Capital Improvement Plan, Tier III:
• September 27, 2022: School Committee & Select Board, Joint Capital Planning Forum
• November 10, 2022: Finance Committee Capital Planning Forum
• December 5, 2022: School Committee & Select Board, Joint Capital Planning Forum